The Maier DQ series is a rotary joint for thermal oil and high temperature and speed ranges with balanced mechanical seal. The DQ, DQT and DQTX types up to 752 °F work as “leak-free” solutions with additional cooling units for cooling and lubrication of bearings and seals by using the same heat transfer medium as in the main circuit. The DQL type and the 5th generation of DQ don’t require additional cooling units.
The DQ series offers a patented system to avoid seal damage and meets the requirements of specialized industries and processes including polymer, coating and lamination applications, paper and textile manufacturing processes including non-woven and textile calendars, industrial dryers and in rotary reaction vessels.
Hydraulic Rotary Union Product features:
- Longer service life than other rotary joints
- Longer uninterrupted run-times and no unscheduled maintenance due to constant monitoring of rotary joint function via cooling unit
- Significantly reduced risk of thermal oil leakage and escape of oil vapors
- Pressure balanced and free running primary seal, seal protector disk providing protection against coarse contamination. Even more safety due to the externally loaded mechanical seal.
- Secondary seal protected by cooled barrier fluid
- Double wall rotor protects bearings from extended high temperature exposure and prevents energy loss
- Function of rotary joints are monitored continuously via control elements on the cooling unit. In case of leakage, production can be continued until next scheduled shut-down due to temporary containment of reusable filtered oil within cooling unit