The Eckart HSE4 rotary-linear-actuator is a combination of a rotary actuator and a dual-action linear cylinder. Consequently, with the HSE4, a rotary movement and and a linear movement can be executed in an extremely small space. The directional valve will control the movement of rod rotation and linear stroking.
A common application is for indexing i.e. lifting and turning.
Since the rotary actuator and the linear cylinder are hydraulically driven separately, any movement sequences can be selected, such as rotaring to the left and right, linearly extending and retracting, etc. If both components are driven evenly, then both types of movement will be executed synchronously.
The HSE4 unit can be driven via “black and white”, proportional, control and servo valves. For the purpose of subsequent driving, the piston end positions at the linear cylinder and at the rotary actuator can be scanned via electronic end-position acknowledgement mechanisms.
Hydraulic Rotary-Linear Actuator Standard Features:
- Operating pressure up to 1450 psi (100 bar)
- Torques up to 266,000 in-lb (30,000 Nm)
- Lifting power up to 850,000 N
- 4 standard rotation angle 90°/180°/270°/360°
- Angle adjustment ± 5°
- Wear resistant sliding surfaces
Hydraulic Rotary-Linear Actuator Optional Features:
- End cushioning
- Locating pin on the end of the shaft
- Switching elements for angular interrogation
- Various shaft types, such as DIN5480 gear shaft, gear hub, hollow shaft
- Special designs according to the request of the customer
Hydraulic Rotary-Linear Actuator Product Catalog:
Eckart Rotary Linear-Actuator HSE4